Time Avenue Haute Horologerie, India’s first luxury watch exhibition was held at the St. Regis Hotel, Mumbai and it was indeed a luxurious affair. The world’s top luxury brands of watches were on display and the timepieces were absolutely stunning. I have chosen 5 watches that caught my attention, and I have provided some basic information about each.
- Audemars Piguet Millenary 4101 47MM, a stunning timepiece of pink gold with a hand-sewn crocodile skin strap and an oval shaped face. It has a power reserve of 60 hours and consists of 34 jewels. It features the signature off-centered dial, roman numerals and its movement is automatic. This watch is entirely hand-crafted and consists of five levels which can be viewed from an angle.
- My next pick, is the A. Lange & Sohne Zeitwerk Striking Time is a beautiful creation, and as the name suggests it strikes time. This is made possible by a mechanical/digital feature of windows at 3 and 9 o ‘clock. This was the world’s first mechanical watch. This 44.2mm watch is complete with a crocodile skin strap and consists of 78 jewels. It is available in platinum and white gold and has the striking mechanism allows it to chime too.
- The MB&F Legacy Machine 02.RL.W is a magnificent timepiece consisting of 44 jewels. Featuring a hand-stitched alligator strap with 18 karat gold tang buckle, it requires to be manually wound. It is hand-crafted, and there are hand-made engravings too. It is available in 18 karat red gold, 18 karat white gold, and platinum 950, but in a limited edition. The blued gold hour and minute hands are a signature feature of this watch.
- The Roger Dubuis Excalibur 42 RDDBEX0450, available in pink gold. It is 42mm and its movement is automatic. It has a 52 hour power reserve and its glass is made of sapphire glass. Its dial is of silver and it’s definitely one of my favourite timepieces from the display provided by this Swiss brand.
- Breitling Bentley Barnato Racing A253662. This is one of my favourites as it is inspired by one of my favourite cars. It is made of stainless steel, with an automatic movement. It has a chronograph feature and one can’t miss the ‘wheels’ on the dial. Don’t you just love the concept of the watch being customized specially for Bentley?